Mexican butter for fajitas is a sauce that is made with butter, chipotle peppers, garlic, onion, chicken broth and spices. It can be used to spread on wheat or corn tortillas, or to coat the meat or chicken that fills the fajitas. Here I will show you how to make this recipe step by step.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 onion
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- In a blender or food processor, grind the chipotle peppers with the garlic, onion and chicken broth until you get a smooth sauce.
- Add the sauce to the skillet with the butter and mix well.
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and paprika to taste.
- Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Recommendations, variations and other interesting things
- Mexican butter for fajitas can be stored in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just heat it up a little before using it.
- Mexican butter for fajitas can be customized with other ingredients that give it more flavor and color, such as fresh cilantro, lime, honey, cream cheese, etc. Just add them at the end of cooking or when serving the sauce.
- Mexican butter for fajitas can be used to accompany other Mexican dishes, such as tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos, etc. It can also be used to dress salads, vegetables, pasta, rice and other dishes that need a creamy and spicy touch.
FAQ – Mexican Butter for Fajitas
What are chipotle peppers in adobo sauce?
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are dried and smoked jalapeño peppers that are preserved in a sauce of tomato, vinegar, garlic and spices. They can be found canned or in jars in most supermarkets or specialty stores that sell Mexican products. They have a spicy and smoky flavor very characteristic.
What type of butter is used to make Mexican butter for fajitas?
It is recommended to use unsalted or low-salt butter to better control the seasoning of the sauce. You can also use margarine or vegetable oil if you prefer a lighter or vegan option.
How do you make homemade Mexican butter for fajitas?
The process is very simple: you just have to melt the butter in a skillet, grind the chipotle peppers with the garlic, onion and chicken broth in a blender or food processor, add the sauce to the skillet with the butter and mix well, season with salt, pepper and other spices to taste and cook over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly.
What is Mexican butter for fajitas used for?
Mexican butter for fajitas is used to give a creamy and spicy touch to the fajitas, which are tortillas filled with meat or chicken sautéed with onion and peppers. It can be used to spread on the tortillas or to coat the filling of the fajitas. It can also be used to accompany other Mexican dishes or to dress other dishes that need a creamy and spicy touch.
I hope you liked this article about Mexican butter for fajitas and that you are encouraged to prepare this recipe at home. If you have any questions or comments about this sauce, do not hesitate to write to me. See you next time!